Monday, November 15, 2010

They call me Africa...

Blog: so life is great here in the sunny Philippines! we work and sweat all day we have lots of lessons, baptisms, and people to talk to. My Tagalog keeps improving at a steady pace and i'm even picking up on another dialect called bisian, because we have a lot of investigators right now who speak it.

Up-date on my, i've lost another 5lbs, i've had most of my skirts taken-in or pinned so they don't fall off, i'm super tan and some ask if i'm half pinoy and i say no then they ask why i have such dark skin and i tell them it's because i'm American ingin, then move to how we have a record of the ancient Americans and an account of how Christ visited them, this book is called the Book of Mormon... ect

My companion now calls me Africa, because that's all i talk about. she asked if i had any stories about america and it took me a long time to think of one so now she just calls me Africa.

last week my companion and i bought a couple of fresh coconuts. we opened them up drank the fresh sweet water then cracked them open and enjoyed the delicious meat inside, there can't be any better place then a place where you can eat fresh coconut, mango, and pineapple everyday!

i've been in the Philippines for six monthes, and i've learned more in these last six monthes then in my whole life! love this!

-Super Sister Stephens
ps: Nora: i'm saving your presents for the proper days to open them THANK YOU!
Daniel: the shoes are perfect and the PB is delicious!!!! THANK YOU TOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment