Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh really, it's nothing!

Blog: Well, these last few weeks have been spent at the appartment, on splits with the other sisters, and going and coming from doctors appointments. Why? Oh, nothing really, one sister's ear started bleeding, my companion slipped and hurt her ankle, and I pinched my tendon in my right shoulder. Then my companion started getting dizzy spells and vomiting... oh man and it's not MY cooking, she's the one who cooks, cuz I'm too lazy. But everything has been mostly worked out, the anti-biotics worked well and her ear is going to be fine and I got an injection straight into my tendon of thick white syrum of about 3cc's which hurt like, holy-guacamole- shoot-me-in-the-face -patay-ako-dyan!!!! and it still hurts but Doc says in 3 days there wont be any more pain. My companion has an MRI appointment tomorrow for her ankle... yeah...
we are struggling but we do have some good investigators, most of them are kids of part-member families. My favorite is Jackson, the smallest 12 year old ever, but he is so smart and asks good questions and you can tell he really wants to understand and learn before he makes the commitment which to me is fine, it insures a quality convert! I also have my fair share of challenges here, besides all the ailments we are teaching a 9yr old who is definitely ADHD so I have to come up with very creative ways to teach so he pays attention and remembers what we teach, but it's all little by little.
Oh, and Sister Ockey and Sister Smith and I are all going home together, Oct 20, we are excited!!! they get to leave me at LAX or I'm leaving them... hahaha!!!
well that's all for this week, till next,
--Sister Stephens
PS shout-out: Thanks to Sister Amanda Hawkes for the letter, and ... Sister Ockey pala!

No comments:

Post a Comment