Tuesday, July 27, 2010

blog:Transfers are next week, I might get moved, I might not. Nothing new yet just working and studying hard. It's super hot here still. We've had a couple of small tyfoons. When I woke up to the first one, my drowsy mind racing, "Where's tyke? Did I put my buckets out for the drips from my leaky roof? Did I close my window?" My not fully awake mind forced my body to sit up. I couldn't see anything or make sense of the light I did see, "Why was there light?" I don't smell wet grass and dirt, but I'm sure it's raining. Another big crash of thunder, I shook my head a little then all at once I remembered where I was. I was not in my house in my village, it was not Tyke sleeping near me but my companion, those were electric lights from the neighbor's house that I was seeing and I was safe in a well built tin-roofed apartment. I gave a sigh layed back on my pillow and fell instantly asleep. And have slept through them ever since.
-S.S.
shout out: Mom (of course), Daniel and Nora!!! love you thanks for writing!!! ka-swaa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment