Sunday, May 20, 2012

Time Flies When Your in the Sun!


Well my tan is officially on? I also spend more time awake then I do sleeping and 99% of these hours are in the sun. Our C.S.A. is in full swing now. We are supporting about 100 families in Mendocino and in San Francisco total and the number keeps climbing. Every Tuesday and Friday morning we are harvesting, cleaning, and boxing produce. I’m in charge of the pac-choy, which are getting so big now that I have to use a small cart to harvest them.
            We have now transplanted the tomatoes. We have planter corn, beans, cucumbers, and squash. There is one bed of squash and cucumbers that I started in the green house then transplanted into the garden to have a head start. So there is a whole bed in the garden that was planted by me!
            I’ve been barrowing Gabe’s bike lately to round up the animals! I was nervous the first time, I wasn’t sure I could maneuver the bike properly. It was amazing, how after two years of not riding a bike, that my body still remembered. Like a flashback into Peace Corps I was whizzing down the dirt paths! My body remembered how to twist and lean as I chased the cows and the seep down the path. Dust filled my grinning mouth; the sun beat on my shoulders and gleamed off everything, giving a golden lining. It seemed so familiar, so comforting, such a joyful moment.
            Today we had a lunar eclipse! We all drove up the mountain and had solar viewers and watched the moon pass over the sun in a glowing ring of fire.

2 comments:

  1. Hey babe glad to hear all is going well. I am jealous of your tan. Computer/lab work hardly lets me out into the real world. Love you lots glad you are good and dusty!

    Love from your big shiny bright friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the love of my life like that big bright thing over there! Go outside take a walk the sun is warm and mother earth is beautiful!

      Delete